Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's dance and shout!

So every day we'll be happy I know
Now I know that you won't leave me no more

It won't be long yeh, yeh, yeh
It won't be long yeh, yeh
It won't be long yeh, till I belong to you, woo


I am literally dancing in my seat right now. We finally got some good news on the fertility front! Hubby and I went to the University of Pennsylvania Hospital Fertility clinic for an in-office semen analysis on Tuesday. Hubby was SO nervous...about performing in the office (which wasn't an issue) and what the results were going to be. I guess I was thinking about the results when I went to bed on Tuesday night as well, because I had a dream that they told us that hubby's results were 20 million.

This morning hubby called for the initial results. Morphology isn't completed yet, but so far the news is SO encouraging.

2.5 ml total volume – anything over 2 is normal

9 million swimmers per ml so he said the total number in the total volume of 2.5ml is 23 million! That's a far cry from the 5 dead swimmers they saw last March.

Of that 57% motility(that’s the number that swim in a straight line) – he said that anything over 50% is good

The only thing they won’t have until next week is the morphology which is normal vs. abnormal.

We are OVER THE MOON! This is the first good news we have had in such a long time! We go back to the male reproductive endocrinologist next week. Then we will discuss treatment and the final results. I don't know if it is hubby's body naturally getting back to work since discontinuing the meds or acupuncture or just our prayers being answered, but we finally feel like we are moving in the right direction. Hopefully, it won't be long until we are either naturally pregnant or have an IUI that results in pregnancy! Hubby tells me to dream about a BFP...maybe that dream will come true, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment