Thursday, June 24, 2010

Follow-up with good-old Gyno

So every day we'll be happy I know
Now I know that you won't leave me no more

It won't be long yeh, yeh, yeh
It won't be long yeh, yeh

I had a follow-up appointment with my gyno today. I haven't seen him since last November or December when he prescribed 100mg of clomid. At that point we found out that hubby's sperm count did not return. We've spent all this time trying to get hubby's issues on the right track, so it's time for me to start looking at my LPD.

I brought hubby along this time to meet the doctor. We sat down and discussed everything that has happened in the last 6 months and what the course of treatment will be for my husband. Then we discussed what needs to happen for me. At this point, he wants to hold off doing an HSG until we have a good enough number for an IUI. When we get a good enough SA, I'll schedule the HSG. He is referring me to a friend of his, an RE, who can do an IUI for us when we have good enough numbers. Although I still have to meet with the RE, he predicts we will probably do 100mg of clomid + progesterone supplements for the IUI as my P4 levels were only 8.6 (low, but showing that I did ovulate). The doctor was very reassuring. He said assuming hubby's numbers come back (which chances are pretty good according to both my doctor and hubby's), he thinks we will be able to have our own child. It's always good to hear that news.

My doctor also was able to refer us to a local lab where hubby can give the deposit he needs to for the SA. It will avoid us a long train ride and just be easier for us to schedule.

My doctor also told me to keep going to acupuncture. He said acupuncture can do great things and that he has patients that have gotten pregnant through acupuncture. So, keep on going...especially since I seem to be ovulating earlier in my cycle with the acupuncture. (Twice I have ovulated on day 17 instead of day 20+). And the doc also said to keep on trying on our own in the meantime...he said maybe as hubby's numbers come up, things will work out on their own. But at least we have a plan for the future. It makes me feel better!

As for acupuncture, I have graduated to every other week now. My acupuncturist thinks that should be adequate. It will save us some serious cash. He thinks hubby would benefit from weekly right now as he is transitioning off the meds, but hubby should be able to go to every other week in a month or so. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment