Friday, March 11, 2011

7 weeks 3 days

Yeah, yeah, I've got a feeling, yeah.
All these years I've been wandering around,
Wondering how come nobody told me
All that I was looking for was somebody
Who looked like you.


We had another lovely appointment with Dr. C! Once again they drew blood and then we got to take a look at the little one. This time the baby is 1/2" long (double the size of last week) and the heartbeat is 166 beats per minute. As the doctor said, "it looks like a thick string bean." It feels so good to see the baby once a week. I don't know what I am going to do when I finally have to give up my weekly ultrasound. I think I will be going into withdrawal. Right now it feels like I have that window into my uterus that I wanted from the time we started trying to conceive.

The doctor told me that everything is looking good and he really has no concerns at how the baby is progressing. I think hubby and I both let out a sigh of relief. We are going to see him a few more times and then he is going to send us on the way. In fact, I have an appointment to see Dr. S (the ob/gyn) on April 8th per Dr. C's orders.

The last week has been a tough one physically. The zofran is helping the nausea. I have been nauseous since this kid was conceived, but I started throwing up a few times a day starting 2 weeks ago. Now with the zofran I only heave about once a day (before I get the zofran down or when it wears off). Unfortunately, the side effect from the zofran is constipation. I'm working on that issue! I am taking stool softeners, trying to eat more fiber, etc. I am tired, so I have just been going to be at 8pm. Honestly, none of it is anything I can't handle or wouldn't do if it means I get to have a healthy child! I am so grateful to God for answering our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment