Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We have a gummy bear...

I had another ultrasound yesterday. I was about 8 weeks 6 days along. Our baby now had little arms and legs and looks like a gummy bear! Hubby of course said it looks like a little girl to him! LOL. The doctor said that everything looks good. The heart rate was at 172 beats per minute. So, apparently, I have kept the baby alive in there despite my steady diet of crackers and ginger ale. The nurse called and said that my progesterone levels went from 13 to 18 which is what they wanted to see! Thank you, Lord, for allowing my body to finally do what it is supposed to! Help me to nurture this little one!

I had less morning sickness over the weekend, but now it is back in full force. I have been trying to get through the days without zofran when possible as it causes some major constipation. Most days I can't do it as I am vomiting too much, but I made it through 2 days this week and am trying for more!

We have come out to our co-workers and some of our friends. Everyone is super excited for us. There are a few people that we still have to call. Unfortunately there was a big accident down the street from us last night and we have been without phone service since then. So hopefully tonight we can call a few people!

Despite all the vomiting and fatigue, I feel so truly blessed to be carrying this baby. I don't know what the future holds for us. I don't know if we will decide to have any more children, but I can tell you that this baby is such a miracle and blessing. It is going to be SO loved...not only by us but also by so many other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment