Friday, March 4, 2011

Love you all the time...

Love you every day, girl [or boy]
Always on my mind
One thing I can say, girl [or boy]
Love you all the time

Hold me, love me
Hold me, love me
I ain't got nothing but love, girl [or boy]
Eight days a week


After 6 sunny days in Florida we are back. We had a wonderful time hanging out with Mickey and Minnie at Disney World. I can honestly say that I enjoyed myself despite morning sickness and my ride restrictions. If there is one thing I can say about the Disney parks, it is that they have TONS of rides for the pregnant woman!

Now we are back in cold PA, but we are still all aglow from the ultrasound appointment we had this morning. This morning we finally got to see Doctor Castelbaum again. It's the first time we've seen him since our initial appointment with him. He was SO excited that we not only are expecting, but also that we did it on our own! As he said "we beat the odds!" He gave me a big congratulatory hug! We of course teased him that if we knew all we had to do was walk through his door we would have done it sooner!

I got my blood drawn (Progesterone = 13 and HCG = 34,449) and then stepped into the ultrasound room. The doctor found the baby and right away, I could see a flickering. Yup, that's right...we saw a heartbeat! It was fantastic! The doctor said that our little blob is measuring perfectly. The heart rate was 133 beats per minute which he said was a good strong heartbeat. Hubby and I were both overjoyed with the news!

The doctor gave me a script for zofran (to help my morning sickness out!) He told us that he wants to keep us for a few more weeks for weekly ultrasound appointments and then he will release me to the care of Dr. S (my regular ob/gyn).

Oh, yeah...morning sickness. It has DEFINITELY increased over the last week. I am now throwing up daily. Last night I dry heaved/threw up about 3 or 4 times. The doctor told me it's a good sign that the pregnancy is going well and gave me a script for the zofran to help relieve the nausea!

No comments:

Post a Comment