Monday, November 29, 2010

Onto the next step...IUI#1

Roll up and that's an invitation
Roll up for the Mystery Tour
Roll up to make a reservation
Roll up for the Mystery Tour
The Magical Mystery Tour is waiting to take you away
Waiting to take you away.


Well, that mean Aunt Flow showed up right on time. (Big Surprise, huh?) So, we're onto our first IUI cycle. To make it official, I stopped by the doctor's office and grabbed the lovely sterile plastic cup that hubby will need in order to make his contribution to the process.

Hubby spoke to his boss about the situation since we aren't sure exactly when he will need to take off from work for this procedure. His boss was really understanding as some of her friends have gone through the same thing. It definitely helps to have her willing to work with hubby's schedule.

We have decided not to tell anyone in the family what we are planning to do. We just don't want everyone to have their hopes up. If it works, we'll be thrilled. But, if it doesn't we don't want to bum everyone for Christmas.

The doctor is having me do an unmedicated cycle this month as he is pleased with my ovulation at this time. So, basically, when I get a positive ovulation test, I call the office and they schedule me for an iui.

I am praying hard that all goes as planned. Hopefully I ovulate normally, DH has enough sperm that day, we can get into the doctor easily, etc.) We're both a bit nervous about it as we haven't been through this before.

I bought special socks for my IUI. I know its silly, but since my part of the procedure is basically hanging out half naked, I decided to get myself something to help make me feel happy during the IUI. Hubby told me he is going to wear his lucky SA underwear. I know its silly to do these things, but I guess we are desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment