Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another day in paradise

Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my open ears inciting and inviting me.


It never ceases to amaze me how hopeful I am at the beginning of a new cycle. I don't know if it is that way for other women suffering from infertility. For me there is a feeling of hope at the beginning of each cycle...like my cycle is just going to fix itself and hubby's sperm count will be just fine. Then after I ovulate, the hope tends to go down the tubes once the spotting starts.

But for now, I am hopeful. Right now I am thinking about what our baby would look like, etc.

It was a tough week emotionally last week. There is fighting going on in hubby's family. I was tired and cranky from dealing with people at work. And quite frankly, I was just ready for a day off. I had worked the last 13 days in a row. Friday night we babysat and had a wonderful time with the kids. Sunday I just relaxed. It was lovely.

We have our nephew's baptism this week and I am just hoping that too many people won't be doing the whole "you know..it's your turn to produce offspring" thing. It gets old fast..and I am a little sensitive. My usual MO is to just keep busy with the kids and not hang out with the adults too much.

I started using the fertility monitor this month. We'll see if it is able to predict my cycle. From what I understand, it can take a few months to learn your cycle. Hopefully this isn't a complete waste of money. I've had a HIGH reading for the last 2 days...hopefully I will get a peak reading soon. Hubby and I do want to keep trying. Even if it doesn't result in a baby...at least we feel like we are doing something rather than just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment