Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 is going to be better than 2010

2011 was a really tough year for us. It was full of tough news and hard times. There were a lot of tears cried.

-January started off with hubby being laid off for the second time in 6 months. Unfortunately, his new company decided to downsize and he was the new guy with the least experience.

-At the same time we learned that hubby's sperm count was not coming back. It was still zero!

-It took us 6 months to get into the specialized male infertility endocrinologist. It was a long wait filled with many tears of hopelessness.

-It took hubby countless interviews, resumes, and calls for hubby to land another job 7 months after he was laid off.

-The first month of hubby's injections were really hard on his body. He was incredibly sick and uncomfortable.

-We had several friends announce pregnancies or give birth. While we were happy for them, our sadness for our own situation was sometimes overwhelming.

-We had several issues with a family member who were trying to control our lives.

-I am still spotting and bleeding when I shouldn't be.

-Although by ob/gyn has offered to do IUIs for us, I only seem to ovulate on the weekend, so we only were ever able to do one ill-timed IUI.

-My brother (who is also a best friend) moved several states away. I miss him every day although we keep in close touch!

2011 is going to be better. My brother is getting married to a really nice girl & starting grad school! Hubby is already being treated for his issue. We have an appointment with a good RE in our area. (It was originally supposed to be this Friday, but the doctor had an emergency, so it will be 2 weeks from the original appointment...3 weeks from now.) I feel like going to the RE is just what we should be doing to really get this show on the road! I want this to be the year that I get my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment