Monday, January 31, 2011

First blood results - Natural Cycle

The nurse gave me a call back on Saturday. My estrogen was 149. My progesterone was 0.6. She told me that means that my body is getting ready for ovulation and to get "busy" for the next 2 days. I am to call when I get my period. I have to say...it is WONDERFUL to get blood work information back within a DAY!

I called to check and make sure that my monitoring is covered by insurance. I am pleased as punch that it is! So, I actually won't have to pay for ultrasounds and blood work for IUI cycles. The only things we will have to pay for is the actual IUI procedure (which is $350) and all of my meds. A huge burden was taken off of my shoulders when I found out that monitoring is covered. That could have easily doubled the cost of each cycle.

The meds are somewhat covered. The femara will be a $20 co-pay. The ovidrel will probably be out of pocket as my insurance company will NOT pay for any infertility injectables. My next task will be locating the cheapest ovidrel pharmacy. So far it looks like around $65 is the cheapest for the medication.

So, hopefully, the cycle will cost:
IUI :$350.00
femara : 20.00
Ovidrel : 65.00

for a grand total of $435.00. Plus the cost of acupuncture if I want to continue that. The acupuncture usually is about 3 visits per IUI at $60 a pop...$180.00 total.

Here's hoping that the femara works on my lining and makes a big beautiful egg! Now its just the waiting to cycle that is killing me. We're supposed to go on vacation at the end of the month and of course, if all goes as normal, I would be ovulating WHILE we are on the trip. So, I won't be able to cycle then. The plus side is I will definitely be able to ride the roller coasters because I won't be pregnant...the bad side is waiting yet another month to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment