Monday, February 14, 2011

Excited and so scared

Listen, do you want to know a secret,
Do you promise not to tell, Whoa . . . . .


It's been a crazy weekend. First of all, I have been experiencing a ton of nausea. I am not sure if it is pregnancy related or not. I like to think it is...it makes me feel more confident. I have also been having some pain in the girls. They are definitely swollen right now.

While Hubby and I are still grinning ear to ear and somewhat in shock, the reality is also setting in. I have begun to feel nervous about how the baby is doing...if it is developing right and if my body is doing what it is supposed to. I think it's only natural to be nervous. It took us 2 years to get to this point. I am trying really hard to just tell myself that I am pregnant TODAY and not worry about tomorrow. But it is hard.

It's also hard to keep it a secret! We haven't told a soul yet IRL. I think we're just too afraid that it might not last and we don't want to get everyone's hopes up too soon. Our current plan is to tell our parents and siblings if the betas go well. I know I would want their support if anything happened later on. If the betas are not looking good, I think we might keep it to ourselves. We're so excited, but also cautious. I think we know too much about infertility and miscarriages for our own good sometimes.

Over the weekend we got this bib:


It says "I love my Auntie." It's my SIL's birthday so we might include it in her gift on Sunday if we are feeling more confident in this pregnancy. I have to admit...the infertile in me is terrified that we bought anything even so much as a bib. Its completely irrational, but I just worry we jinxed ourselves even though I know that a bib can't cause a miscarriage!

I had my blood drawn today for my first beta test. Hopefully the numbers will come in high! This day is SO long...I have a feeling these first few weeks are all going to be long...

No comments:

Post a Comment