Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm praying for...

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.


Healing. Not only for me and my husband's infertility woes but also for my grandfather. My grandfather has had a troublesome month. He was taken to the hospital about a month ago for chest pains. Upon examination at the emergency room, they discovered he has congestive heart failure. A few days later, they also found a broken rib. Apparently my grandfather fell in the night and neither he nor my grandmother remembered to mention it to anyone.

Fast forward to yesterday, he and my grandmother finally got around to mentioning that my grandfather still has some pain when he walks. At first they thought it was the muscles from lack of use. But the doctors gave him an x-ray at his rehabilitation facility and discovered a fractured femur. I guess since he was on pain meds for his rib, he didn't feel pain in his leg and thus the doctors never knew about it. He spent the night in the ER getting xrays and talking to an orthopedic surgeon. My dad and mom stayed with them as sometimes my grandparents forget to mention important things like my grandfather's heart condition. At first they thought it would require a few pins...now they think that he did damage to the hip as well and will require a full hip replacement.

I pray for quick healing for him....and for us. I have an acupuncture appointment this evening, but depending on how the day goes, then I will cancel it and spend it at the hospital instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment