Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Here comes the sun

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right


The weekend was rough. I was so depressed and not for any particular reason which always makes it so much harder. Each day when I woke up, a wave of sadness just overtook my body and left me so exhausted I could barely get out of bed. It's not the first time I have felt this. Probably not the last either.

Luckily, the depression seemed to pass on late Monday afternoon and has gone away. I can only assume it was some sort of hormonal shift. That is usually what happens to me when my hormones are messed up. Depression. Crying for no reason. Angry for no reason. And then it disappears as quickly as it shows up. A rainstorm that stops. Sudden sunshine. Thank you, God! I don't think I could have taken too many more days of that sadness.

So, hopefully my hormones are shifting back in the right direction. Back toward normal and away from spotting, long periods, late ovulation, etc. I can only hope and pray for this.

Tonight I have my third acupuncture treatment. I am so looking forward to just relaxing. The doctor has started me on an herbal treatment to help get my body going in the right direction. (My depression did start soon after beginning the herbs, so maybe it actually did something!)I was going to discontinue the herbs if I continued to feel depressed. Luckily, it seems to have gone away on its own. Andrew has another herbal recipe that he has ordered for me to help with luteal phase deficiency. Not sure when that comes in.

Did I mention I can't wait for my next acupuncture session?

No comments:

Post a Comment