Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ten things that make my day

It's too easy to become bitter and negative with IF. You have to remain grateful for the blessings you do have rather than the ones you don't. So...

Ten Things I am grateful for today (in no particular order):
1) That my husband is so wonderfully supportive and understanding. I know that sometimes my hormones make me so miserable that I don't even like me...and yet my husband never says a word about my mood swings.

2) For my dog...look I don't have kids so she is my baby! I love that when I come home she is sitting there ready to greet me and genuinely happy to see me. I love it when I sit on the couch and she just snuggles on up to me! There is a mutual contentment that is fantastic.

3) For our health...while our reproductive health may have gone to poop, our overall health is great. Neither of us have any life-threatening conditions and THAT is something to be very grateful for. I have been through cancer with loved ones...it's not fun to go through or watch someone go through. I am so grateful to be healthy!

4) For my faith and God...IF requires a lot of faith: in God's plan for us, our doctors, and ourselves. Faith keeps me from being totally depressed. I am grateful that I have a God to rely on and that all of this isn't on my shoulders because I could never bear it alone.

5) For today's sunshine...today it is sunny and semi-warm. The sunshine makes me feel energized...even after a long day at work. I am so grateful for those rays today!

6) For my family...although they don't always understand what we are going through, I know they have my back. I know that no matter where life take us, how we achieve a family, or what news is around the corner, we have people to support us through it all. When I am crying because I can't have kids and my faith is dimmest, they hold me and tell me it will be okay.

7) My internet friends...you have provided me with so much information. You have cried with me, laughed with me and continue to guide me on a regular basis. Some of you have gone through things the lie ahead of me. Some of you are behind me in the process. But I love that my questions are always answered without snarky comments, but with true caring. While I don't wish IF on any of them, I am glad that I have their company and guidance on this journey.

8) For spring...after the cold, dark winter I am grateful for this time of renewal. It gives me hope that a renewal will happen in our bodies. The flowers make me smile (and have a runny nose, but I can take the good with the bad). It is gratifying to watch the things I have planted grow and mature.

9) For my nephews...although on occasion it is difficult to be around babies, I am truly grateful for the two little boys in my life...my nephews. When I am around them I truly feel loved unconditionally. I love doing the simplest of things with them...reading stories, looking for bugs, hugs, and their little voices asking me to play with them. I love the things they say and do. I love being an aunt.

10) For my job. Yes, it can be demanding and less than ideal at times, but as someone who has a husband who is out of work, let me tell you, I am SO glad to have it. I have been watching my poor hubby work hard at getting resumes out, networking, searching for opportunities only to still be left unemployed at the end of another day. I am grateful that I have a stable income and a means to pay the bills. I enjoy some of my coworkers and the way that they can make me smile in the height of chaos. I am grateful to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment