Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just the two of us...me and my cycle

Two of us sending postcards
Writing letters on my wall.
You and me burning matches,
Lifting latches on our way back home.

We're on our way home,
We're on our way home,
We're going home.


I triumphantly walked into my acupuncture session last night and presented my chart. Andy was super excited to see such changes already beginning to happen. He even told me that I had a "textbook" ovulation chart. Imagine my surprise in having the word "textbook" ever applied to my chart in a good way. The last time those words were uttered by someone while looking at my chart it was my GYN saying "You have a textbook case of luteal phase deficiency."

So, I'm waiting now to see what happens with the rest of my cycle. I know that I shouldn't expect changes all at once...this is not what this process is about. I am afraid to hope that my luteal phase may actually be a little more normal. I am afraid to hope because I am afraid that like every other cycle, my hope will be crushed with the first signs of spotting...the point where I know this cycle is going to be like EVERY OTHER cycle I've had since coming off the nuvaring. Infertility is like that. I have this hope at the beginning of each cycle that maybe this one will be different. By the end of my cycle, I am a crying mess; hopes crushed once again. So, you can understand why I am cautiously optimistic.

We're on a forced break from TTC. Hubby's acupuncturist told him to wait 3 months before TTC again. So, we have 2 more months to go and then we'll be given the green light again. Hopefully, by that point, we'll actually have a shot at conceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment