Monday, April 26, 2010

Another year gone...

You say it's your birthday.
It's my birthday too, yeah.
They say it's your birthday.
We're gonna have a good time.
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to party party
Yes we're going to party party
Yes we're going to party party.


It was my 31st birthday on Sunday. I thought I would be more upset that another birthday has gone by without me being a mom, but I kept myself busy and just made a point to not think anything negative. And everyone around me was so wonderful that it wasn't hard.

My birthday weekend started off with hanging out with my nephews and sister-in-law on Friday night. My sister-in-law needed an extra hand and we were happy to visit with both her and the boys. My nephews were delightful as always. The baby gave me lots of smiles and baby talk and my older nephew was SO happy to play with his aunt and uncle and even more excited when we told him we would be eating pizza with him. A big hug before bedtime just warmed my heart. If I can't have kids of my own, at least I am blessed with a wonderful relationship with my nephews!

Saturday I spent working both jobs. The girls I work with on Saturday night were so sweet. They got me a card and an ice cream cake. They made me feel so special. I am not really a birthday person, but it is nice when someone acknowledges it. When I went out to the car, there was a single rose on my windshield. My husband had stopped by and put it on my car to surprise me. There was 11 more roses in a vase when I got home!

Sunday I went to the gym and grocery shopping. I ate breakfast with my husband, mom, and Great-Aunt. I did some errands in the afternoon. Then, we went to my In-Law's house for my birthday dinner. I was greeted at the door by my nephew who told me "Happy Birthday" and gave me a dozen roses. I got to spend the evening visiting with everyone. We played trash truck and playdough, talked, laughed, and just enjoyed ourselves. It was a wonderful day!

My husband wrote in my card that by my next birthday, we'll hopefully have a bun in the oven. I hope he is right.

Oh, Aunt Flow also decided to strike with a fury on my birthday, so hopefully, she'll be exiting the house soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment