Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandpop!

They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.


It's my grandfather's 87th birthday today! We're going to head over to their apartment in the senior community and go to the dining room with them for dinner. We'll follow that with cake and ice cream at their apartment. We were going to take them out to dinner, but my grandfather has a lot of issues being out and about these days. Part of it is that he went through radiation therapy for prostate cancer which made him lose total control of his bowels. Part of it is that he can't hear very well any more. And part of it is that his memory is fading and he gets quite confused in new places. We figured the security of a meal within his senior village would make him more comfortable so he can relax and actually enjoy his birthday rather than being confused and nervous about what might happen.

Of course at the same time I am getting ready to ovulate. I got a high reading on my monitor this morning and from the signs I am having I think I will be ovulating sometime within the next few days. Hubby "took care of business" last night. Tonight we'll be with my grandparents. Tomorrow morning he has to be at work by 4:00am for a "ride-along" in one of his company's trucks. Needless to say, I don't think he will be in the mood. And that will probably be the day I ovulate. C'est la vie!

I truly hope that I get pregnant soon. I really do want to be able to tell my grandfather that he is going to be a great-grandfather while he still remembers me. I know that it would make him so happy to be able to hold his first great-grandchild. Hopefully, his memory and health will hold out through this whole infertility process. He is truly a magnificent man who is a very special part of my life. I would love to give him this special gift while he can still enjoy it. I know my grandmother would be over the moon as well. Last year, when she was coming out of that twilight anesthetic from a colonoscopy, she was asking my mom if I was going to have a baby soon because she really wants to hold a little baby again. I want to give that to her...as well as having this baby for myself, of course.

In other news, hubby and I were asked to be in my brother's June wedding! We're so excited for them and to share that special day with them. It's hard to believe that my baby brother is getting married and moving away. I am really going to miss him, but at the same time, I am truly happy that he found his life partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment